Best Animated Feature
Best VFX Feature
Best Stop-Motion Feature
Best Anime Feature
Best Animated Short Categories:
Best VR Animated Short
Best VR 360 Short
Best Hand Drawn Animated Short
Best Watercolor Animated Short
Best Paper Animated Short
Best Classic and Traditional Animated Short
Best Hand Painted Animated Short
Best Amazing Stop-Motion Animated Short
Best LGBT Animated Short
Best 3D Dark Comedy Animated Short
Best Abstract Animated Short
Best Sand & Salt Animated Short
Best Powerful Dark & Mysterious 3D Animated Short
Best Global Issues & Socially Relevant Animated Short
Best 3D Sci-Fi Fantasy Animated Short
Best VFX and Rotoscoped Animated Short
Best 3D Drama Animated Short
Best Music Video Animated Short
Best Academy of Dream Awards Animated Short
Best 3D Fantasy Animated Short Best 2D Children’s Animated Short
Best 2D Action Adventure Animated Short
Best Fun Stop-Motion Animated Short
Best 3D Drama Adventure Animated Short Best 2D Drama Animated Short Best Winter Holiday Animated Short
Best Experimental Animated Short Best 2D Odd and Twisted Animated Short
Best 3D Heartwarming Animated Short
Best 3D Comedy Animated Short
Best TV Series Animated Short
Best 3D Romantic Comedy Animated Short
Best Cool Stop-Motion Animated Short
Best 3D Dark Animated Short Best 3D Socially Important Animated Short
Best VR Animated Short
Best Animated Commercial
Best Animated Video Game
1. Dates and Venue
The absolute final deadlines are as dictated on Film Freeway. Category winners are announced after the festival. The venue for the festival will be announced closer to the date of the event.
The festival reserves the right to place entries into alternative categories if they feel it is to the benefit of the title. Each submission must be entered separately. Entries will be assessed and successful submissions will be programmed for screening and enter the festival competition. Failure to submit a screener copy four weeks prior to the festival will rule out eligibility for an award. If your film is selected we reserve the right to show your film at a date and time of our choosing.
Preferred format in DCP on portable Zip Drive mailed to our office.
Additional formats accepted include: Mov, Mp4, DVD Blue Ray
Palm Springs Animation Film Festival
1775 E. Palm Canyon Dr. Suite 110-196
Palm Springs, CA 92264
The festival directors reserve the right to invite films for the competition and program. Screening schedule will be announced after the final submission deadline. The final award winning entries will be selected by a festival jury and audience votes. Award winners will be notified within 14 days of the festival screenings.
5. Entry Returns
We do not return submission entries.
It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that films for screening are deposited with the festival organizers at least 7 days before any scheduled screening.
We reserve the right to use extracts from submissions for festival publicity and marketing purposes. Press kits are not required, but are useful, so please feel free to send these with your submissions.
By submitting your film you agree to the following Palm Springs International Animation Festival (PSIAF) Terms and Conditions, and indicate that you have read and understood the PSIAF entry guidelines.
The following will apply if my film/video is selected:
1. My film/video will be screened during the Palm Springs International Festival and will be eligible to win a filmmaker award.
2. My film/video will be shipped (at filmmaker's expense) in one of the exhibition formats speciﬁed on the PSIAF listing.
3. My film/video may be utilized for promotional purposes of the festival, limited to private screenings and preview-only copies for press and supporters, unless otherwise arranged with the PSIAF.
4. I will permit the PSIAF to use my name and stills from my film/video (at least one print-quality version provided upon request) for promotional purposes.
The following will apply for all film/video submissions:
1. The PSIAF retains the right to archive the submitted screener copy of my film/video (excluding 16mm prints) in physical and/or digital format solely for historical and research purposes, and will not publicly screen it without my permission.
2. The PSIAF will conduct private screening sessions to review submissions, which may include my film/video.
3. The PSIAF does not provide refunds on submission fees.